For some folks, being committed to the gym means turning into a glutton for punishment. They take the old adage of “no pain, no gain” to heart. I’m sure you’ve heard the lingo:
- a brutal workout
- an exercise that kicks your ass
- time to get whipped into shape
I’m not really into this kind of mindset. I see plenty of people who get derailed from their consistency trains because they can’t keep the pace. I mean, it doesn’t make sense to hang with something that constantly beats you up.
Then again, there are also plenty of people who end up just fine with this approach. Let’s just try to agree on a couple of things.
- Wanting to be in pain is a masochistic tendency.
- Having a tendency or preference shouldn’t be confused with achieving as a result.
- Being a masochist doesn’t equate to success.
In other words, a preferred style of sex is not the same as the actually having sex.
If you enjoy waking up the next day with DOMS all over, cool. Just remember: Success in the gym isn’t reliant on how sore you are. If you’d rather not feel beat up all the time, there’s a pleasurable type of
sex workout for you too.